November 24, 2004

why am I not asleep?

I wanted to do my exercise, but I know that I couldn't afford to be so tired tomorrow that I didn't get my hair combed. My sister had her job to go almost right after she took Nika to school. So I had to be up early.

7:30 am

I woke up all by myself. It's amazing how that works sometimes. Everyone was already up, no surprise there. Pearl had already gotten up and taken Verey to school. She had day shift. Nika was watching tv with my sister. I came out and told her that I needed her to plat my hair now. After she had completed two, she had to get Nika ready. So as much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I had to stay awake. I got one small fresh beef patty for my trouble. Don't know if it was worth it thought. My sister got bread and the patty from the bakery bus that came honking down our street. When she came back she finished up my hair, and I thought that I could get another hour of sleep, and I tried, but I didn't feel it in the end.

Got dressed, then changed my under shirt for one of a lighter colour. I was going to wear my red one, but it didn't work. I left the house about 11 if not 3 past. Got a bus in 3 or so mins, and walked into my department about 12 past the hour.

And there on the door was a notice for an exam that was going to take place in 5 mins. Well the closing of the lab to prepare for the exam was at 15 past. I helped with getting the students out, and stopping others from coming in. No one reads the signs. Then we set up for the exam. The exam was set to finish at 3pm. Long exam.

At little after 2pm I found out that I might be going home until 10pm tonight. I am going home at 10pm tonight. The girl who came in at 2 and stays until 10, wasn't feeling right, so she said that she might leave early. I think she left at 4. I could have chosen to go home at 7 and let Ron work till 10, but I cover for people all the time, at least I use too. Why stop now. So I called my sister to see if she needed me to be home for anything. She said no, so I said I would be here.

Now I'm here, in a cold LRC with nothing to do again. I did most of work when came in, and up until an hour ago. At least I'll be having soup in an hour. I can't quite bring myself to spending $8 for a small bowl of fruit salad, or $4 for a slice of plain pizza. Well I could get the pizza. But they close in an hour, and I don't know if any are left, and I can't leave until my boss/Ron has left, and he's still here.

I have been slowly freezing since like 3pm, and I just got in there to turn down the AC. I don't like it at all. If it's warm outside, it's warm inside, if it gets cold outside, it's cold inside. So you either set it where it's always cold and live with it. That is what the library had done, or you keep adjusting it for the day and night shift. They say that is what burnt out the other one we had.

I don't expect anything interesting or note worthy to happen for the rest of the night. One or two students may say they can't log off, a few more will ask for Dr. St. Jean's video tape since that information is going to be needed in like 2 days, if that long. And I'm going to stay cold for most of the night. I turned it down or up or what ever, but not so far that there is no cold or we all get hot in here. Just enough to get the frost of my nose.

See ya. Oh. Since I believe it's going to be such a lax night, I'll have trillian on after I get back from eating my soup.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment