November 01, 2004

I'm Calmer

I got to work early again. My sister's little mission.

But I also got to work with nothing on my plate to do. I walked into work thinking what I was going to do, and realizing that I had finished the video editing a day early. Last night I hurried to send the e-mail to Dr. M telling her the video was finished and placing the video in the shared folder, thinking that the next day was Monday. That just shows up much I want this week (end) to go by.

Checked my mail again, still nothing. It's Sunday, he's out having fun with his family. Let it be I told myself. I said in the dark the whole time I was at my desk. I don't turning on lights when I know I'm in a safe place. Well, I helped out two students with their laptops, but only one of them I was really able to help. The first guy was someone I had talked to the day before, and I was just checking to see if I could fix his wireless connection, but I had a feeling that he needed to have some of his information placed back into the system, so I told him to bring it by the next day to have them see if that was the real problem.

The other student was a girl that came to have me look at her laptop was an easily fixed. I fixed something. That always makes me feel good. She some how lost her mapped drives, but she was connecting fine to the network. Good. I remapped her drives, then asked her about how it was for her getting to her Ross mail when I saw all the bars she had in the browser. She said that since I asked, she couldn’t reply to any of her e-mail from her Ross account. I didn't uninstall them, I just unchecked them so they weren't active or showing. Now her e-mail worked right again.

Then I went back to wondering what to do. Then I thought about doing some of my lessons. I have time now. So I picked on that said that it was suppose to take 2-3 hours to do. I thought that I had an hour to get going at it before M had to leave and I moved to the front desk. When I moved to the front desk I realized that I was only at it before for under 40 mins. That was disappointing. So I started it back up again and stayed with it until 7:40 when AM came over and she went with me to get something to eat and help me with the sorting of teachers into their departments. It seems too easy this time around. The first time I did this, I'm sure it took me an hour.

She walked back out with me when I went to wash my bowl, and we talked for a bit before she left. I actually got to gossip, which wasn't really gossip since I was in the story, and she already know what would be the juicy part. I just filled in her blank looks on a mutual friend of ours.

Then I said that I had to get back inside in case someone was actually calling the front desk to find out something. I got back and didn't fell like doing anything fun, so I went to do another lesson that I haven't really touched in a loooooonnnngggg time. I picked FrontPage this time since I already started it, and it was a different pace from customer service lessons. So I went in and it said that the last time I was at this lesson it was Feb, 19. It's been that long since I started some of these lessons. I worked on that for the last 2 hours of my shift. I could finish it this Thursday if I'm not busy, or I may find a way to fell motivated to do some at home.

Well I left work on time, but I ended up standing in the rain a little while I waited for a bus. One bus came by and didn't stop for me. One, he was going too fast that I didn't see it was a bus until it was passing me, and two it didn't want to stop after it passed me, or, since it was being tail gated, it wasn't worth getting a fender bender to pick up a $1.25 fare. So I was left standing for another 10 or 15 mins for another bus to come by and get me. I got out a little before my stop when someone else stopped the bus and I walked home.

Nika was asleep, and Jhodie said that she has not been crying for her ear today. There was turned corn and stewed fish for dinner. The only thing missing from the dinner were the boiled green bananas.

I'm starting to have a sniffle right now. That is what I get for standing in light rain at night. Well I'm planning my walk for tomorrow. If everything goes as plan I'll be walking about 2 or 3 miles tomorrow.

Well I'm off, time may have turned back you, but it's 2:30am for me right now. We don't change our time down here.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment