November 11, 2004

My Monday...

..granted it was Wednesday.. but like I said... It's my Monday.

Well I got in a little bit late, as always... it seems to be a bit harder to get into to work on time than one would think. Anyway, I showed up to help C in admin with a power point thing. I got there and she wasn't there, so I looked around for her for a bit then I went down stairs. I was sure I had to meet with Ron for my yearly evaluation. But I came down to find that he changed it for tomorrow. I then called her back twice in like 10 mins, then when I was sitting there trying to work on some pics, she called down. I then ran back up and found out that she more or less wanted to have the words do some kind of effect that shows one point at a time. I tried to show her how to do it, but she couldn't really stay there and watch me, so I sat down and changed all the slides for her, and I had to remake a few of the slides to have it do what she wanted.

While I was there doing it for her, we lost power. Her APC kept me going until they got the generator turned on for that building. I showed her how it looked when I was finished, when I came back down stairs, I had already forgotten that we didn't have any power for the floor computers until I saw the darkened side of the LRC. Then I asked how long the power was suppose to be gone for. A little while, or something like that they said. Even thought it was only 12:30, I was starting to think that I was going to be going home a bit early, but the power came back 10 mins later.

I helped turn back on the computers on the floor. Worked on some pics for a slide show. They just tried to hurt me too. I met and talked to a TA about a web page for his department, but turns out that he had nothing for me to do after all.

I was starving for the whole day. No money to buy anything, and I hadn't eaten breakfast. It just hurt me to be in the office when the two guys came by with their lunches and it smelled so good. Salt fish and dumplings with veggies and a piece of pear. Instead of looking at them and seeing food that I couldn't eat, I cracked open a computer that Ron had brought in for us to confirm that the power supply blew. The other two guys looked at it, turned it around, and even took a metal rod and tapped at something on the inside thought an opening it had at the back. The thing was, the case for the computer was one we hadn't seen before. It was a great looking case, I thought that it couldn't be that hard to open. So I found how it was suppose to stand or lay, then I looked for a likely way for it to open, and I got it. They were surprised. :)

At 6pm after fighting with the pictures some more I went to close up the classrooms. In the rain I might add. I was going to take $2 with me for some peanuts, but I told myself that I was almost time for me to go home, I could wait. I took a coat that was just hanging around here that I used sometimes, and held it over my head as I walked around campus closing up class rooms. I got back here with about 15 mins left on my shift. Tried again with the pictures, but for some reason it was fighting me, and didn't want to open or convert. Well time came for me to leave. I cleaned up my desktop, and took the coat with me incase it tried to rain on me while I waited for a bus to come by.

Well I got there in time to catch a bus, but it once again didn't see me because I didn't I hadn't crossed the street (which I think is why), even thought I stood there facing it, waving my arm. Someone who's face I knew, stopped and gave me a ride home. He even know where I lived. I'm starting to think that he gave me a ride home before.

Well, got home without getting wet. The kitchen was clean even though my sister was sick and achy that morning. It turned out that she told Pearl, our cousin, to do the dishes for her. I was thinking that I had to go re-wash them now. But Jhodie said that she told her how to wash the dishes. They should be safe never mind clean to use. So far, nothing that shouldn't be there has been found.

Nika took a long time to go to bed tonight. She went to bed when she was suppose to, but didn't fall asleep, then she said that she was hungry. After we fed her some eggs, she got sleepy.

I have no clue what we had to eat, I think it was bread and something, maybe.

Well off to bed, I may go out tomorrow before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment