November 17, 2004

I Got A Shirt, Times Two.

Well I did it.

I got up at 6:30 and tried to go back to sleep to sleep for a bit more, but just as it was starting to feel like I've fighting sleep and awakeness for 15 mins, my alarm went off. It might not have hurt me so bad to wake up if I had gone to bed before 3am.

Well, I got up, got something to eat. Watched some tv until it was time to get dressed and take Nika to school. Then we walked into town. First we tried to exchange the one of the flash lights that my sister got earlier that week. The lid didn't stay on when the batteries are placed in side. But they didn't have any, so I think she said that she was going to come back another day.

Then the search for a shirt started.

First stop was the shop across the street. I didn't really think that they would have would I would have liked, but they were having a sale. Well I was right. I so miss the variety that I had in NY. It was like all the clothes were stamped from the same kind of cloth. There was one top that I liked, but ofcourse it wasn't in my size.

We then left there for Jhodie's bank to get the money for me to play for a hamper and radio clock that a student was selling. The hamper was $5 and the radio was $20. EC ofcourse. Then we went to my bank for a little bit more money to pay for any shirt that I my actually find. I was only planning to spend $30 at the most. We were on our way to the back of Rams, when my sister pulled me into a place where she found some clothes and had put them on lay-away. There was one shirt there that I liked. It was blue, but it was also over $50. Anything else I may have considered getting was over $100. This was not a cheap store.

After we left my sister, the talkative one, started to ask me about dating. I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to talk about it with her. She was a tad concerned about me she said. I'm the oldest, and she might be dating soon, my younger brother is thinking about getting married and my other younger sister is dating. Well great for them. The only person that I want to be with isn't here and I can't do anything about it. I just don't date for the shake of dating. I'm not going to date someone if it isn't going to go anywhere, and I won't look for someone if I'm not in a position that I can have something happen.

We went right past Island Hopper. Their clothes weren't really for work. We got to the back of Ram's and I actually saw something that I liked, and a size that could fit me. The price was $15 so I got two colours. A grayish light brown, and a green one. I tried them on and they fit!. :) Great. I have new shirts. I paid and we left.

Jhoide had work today. She cleans the house once a week for a sickly lady. She talked me into going up there and walking it home, since I had just that much time, and I already ironed my skirt for work before we left the house. The walk to the bus stop was longer then the bus ride up to were we had to get off. Then we walked about two more blocks to her house. I left her there,then started on my home. 2 big blocks later I heard her calling me. I looked back to see her walking towards me. Looks like she some how got out of working today. It turns out the lady's daughter come by and would be cleaning for her today. So we started to walk home together. We bumped into our cousin at the end of the block. She was packing up some food stuff that she was on her way to town to sell. I wanted to leave, I had work to get to, but my sister stopped and talked for about 5 mins. Then we got on our way. We walked over a big gutter, up a small eroding hill, walked along the back of Green Lands,then though the grave yard, then crossed the street that was two small blocks from our house. It was near the middle of the day. I had to take a bath and get dress in about 30 mins I think.

I wore the grayish shirt with my brown skirt, and ran out the door at about 5 past I think.

Verey didn't go to school today and Pearl was just about no help to him. He woke up vomiting today. Not violently, but she stayed in bed while he would go into the bathroom to throw up and stuff. We had to tell her to get up and look after him.

When I was leaving she was holding him from doing something and talking on her cell phone. I didn't sound like she called anyone for help for him.

Got to work 15 or 20 past. Not nice. I had a few things to get done. The only thing that bugged me was the video that I've been trying to digitize for a doctor here at the school. I had to do it all back over again, and I still missed like 5-10 seconds near the end. Posted an announcement, and started some web work to make the housing lady happy. I think that I may have learned how to do a few things better since the last time I had to do this, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been.

I paid for the clock and basket/hamper, and she brought them in for me. When it came time for me to go home, the new kid and his new car was here, so he took me home. I didn't want to go home in a bus carrying a hamper.

Oh, before that, earlier in the afternoon, my sister called to rant. Pearl left. Jhodie had to go get Nika and she was left there with Verey. Pearl didn't even tell her that she was leaving. She just left him in the living room, and an hour later my sister found him when she came out of my room. My room is like the second living room since I have a small tv in there. So I told her to have the kid next door that Nika likes pick her up from school. But also, Jhodie needed to pay the school today, if she pays a day or more late, they add on more money. Well she asked the kid to bring Nika home for her, and Nika screamed and pulled and cried all the way home. She, Nika, remembered the little talk we had with her about who was suppose to bring her home, and that no one else was suppose to bring her home. After Jhoide explained why the boy had to bring her home, she calmed down. That was impressive. But after seeing how other mothers treat their kids, Nika tries very hard not to break any rules we give her. ( At one point it scared Jhodie. Some lady was at Nika's school picking up a child I can only assume was her's and she was crying, so she kept on hitting her, telling her to stop crying. Later Jhodie spanked Nika for something, and Nika told her that she wasn't going to cry. )

Now Jhodie is just steamed at Pearl. I think she gave her until this Monday to move out.

So, I'm home now, and my sister washing out the bathroom sink with disinfectant from all the vomiting Verey did in it. Dinner didn't exist since she had to take care of him. The only real show that I got to see that night was CSI: NY.

I think I went to bed a bit early for me, Jhoide wanted to take me out walking again tomorrow. Then Pearl told her that she had day shift. Between me thinking that my walk was off, and Jhodie telling Pearl to get someone to watch him,I went to bed.

I had started this blog last night.. but I just couldn't make myself finish it. So today at 9pm at work I finish it.

Well see ya in like 3 hours. Maybe 2 hours. :) .. I think I hear rain out side. :( No umbrella, no coat.:(

No comments:

Post a Comment